There are a few ways I can now sleuth-out an eczema family at school, before I see any tell-tale physical signs.
This is just a bit of fun really, but got me thinking about what else I could add. Please do add yours to the list too?
- EVERY single label has been cut out of your children’s clothing.
- You only wear natural fibres – you’ve spent hundreds of hours searching for 100% cotton socks!
- You ask for your child to be sat away from the radiator in winter and away from the open window in summer.
- Your bathroom is stacked full of tubs of cream.
- Even the word ‘summer’ fills you with dread.
- Your fridge is full of oat milk, rice milk, coconut milk….anything but dairy.
- You know how to say nuts/eggs/dairy in ten different languages.
- You carry a HUGE bag around everywhere – epipen, antihistamine, eczema balm – tick.
- You can hear your child scratching through three rooms with all the doors shut.
- Steam comes out of your ears when you’re asked for the tenth time that day if you’ve ever tried goat’s milk.